Wednesday, December 12, 2007

"Carbon dioxide emission rights" for Christmas

Enid invited me for dinner, for Swedish dinner.

The Swedish interns are really cool, but somehow different. They all work at UN, they are really cool, funny girls... We were talking about Christmas, their costumes, food, university, life in Sweden, etc. It was hilarious!
We also talked about Xmas presents, and one of the girls said that they will get "Carbon dioxide emission rights" for Christmas from the office. (maybe)

Hmm...

I have already heard about this "cap & trade system", and all stuff like that, where companies have certain amount of quotas how much carbon dioxide they can use per a certain time period, and if they have spare quotas, they can trade with them, sell it to other companies.

This right is the same, but for individuals.
According to her, the state has got a report, or some kind of tracking system, where the rights can be registered, and if an individual buys a "Carbon dioxide emission right" than companies can have less quotas.

I was trying to joke with this.
Like: if I have the right than, I can fly more often... Nobody was laughing.

I can not imagine that people will buy "carbon dioxide emission rights..."
Probably if I were rich I would buy rights, and than start trading with companies >> sell the right for higher price... ;) And to ease my guiltiness, I would join to the company "Green Action Day" or "Environmental Day" or sth like these initiatives.

That's why there is a difference between an intern at a multinational company and an intern at UN.

Ok, why am I so ironic???

I think I am already brainwashed.

I would really like to believe that if I bought a small unit of this rights, and told 3 people to do the same, and they should also do so and so on..., than maybe a huge factory would have less rights to pollute, have less quotas, and I would like to believe that a factory - instead of paying the penalty - would seriously pollute less.

I would really like to believe...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GYERE MAR HAZA HAVAS!!!!!!
pussz Sziszka aki mar 24...:-)))

Havas said...

Már csak 3at kell aludni!!! :P

De jó lesz...az egész hét:
dec 16-18: Bp.
Dec 18-19. Pécs
19-21: Bp
majd Győr és 30: Villány... áááá

Tök jó ötlet volt felhozni az elöszilvesztert!!! :P