Sunday, November 8, 2009

October

October is always the worst - but still somehow the best - period during the year.
Let me explain.

October is the busiest, we are closing the old fiscal year, and starting the new one. This means, we have to prepare for the sales letters to be released before end of November.
This year, however, we had an even more agressive readiness plan, countries have 3 weeks to release the letters to the sales force.

On the other hand though, this rush, the stress, the ongoing movements, the long office hours (with ordering pizza in), the continous phonecalls, meetings, trackings, that's what it all makes it so great.
Ok, I am not saying that it is not awful, but i like it... i like it more comparing to the days when there is nothing good to do.

So, work.
October is all about work.
I had my 4th contract started Noember. It was uncertain what i am going to do after December.

I went to interiews, I got job offers, in poland, in Wien, in Ireland... not just from HP, but from companies outside...
There was also one quite good and serious in Geneva too...

Everybody was suggesting me, i should just go for it, and leave HP behind...
Howev,er somehow, i just can not do that.
It is a love&hate relationship.
Sometimes I could just stand up and run away, leave my boss behind, and leave the whole thing in a deep shit... but who deosn't feel it from time to time at work?

It is however strange, I admit, that they first can not offer me any position. Than - out of nowhere - exceptionally, I could get a contract for 2 months! 2 months!!! I am that idiot that i take it, so yes, i deserve what i get.
Than, they offered me a position in Poland!!???!!
In Poland?? I mean, why not than back in Hungary???
What's the difference?? Seriously... They thought I would take everything...

Than, exactly on the same day when i had my extrnal interview, and it was obvious that they want me and i also liked them a lot, on exactly that day, my boss was telling me, that ever since he otld me there is no way i can stay with this team, he was devasteted, and he was so sad, so he was fighting for me, for me to stay... so i should be happy and grateful, that he was fighting for me a lot... as a headcount..

ààààà

so, those political games.. i dont like...
you are either good at what you do or not.
the rest is politics.. which.. unfortunatly.. part of the game.
So yes.. don't hate the players, hate the game...
but...
it is a vicious circle, the players determine the game...
aawhh

anyways, if recent hirings happens.. than life will be very very strange at work..
And i keep on asking myself what did i do.. why did i deserve that?
If that is charma.. than i really should apologize for all my mistakes...

But... bottomline is: I accepted the 2 year contract, I am happy. but also I think this is the minimun, and i think of it as an other chance, an opportunity to finish and accomplish my goals, why i came to switzerland at the first place. (hm. afterall, sth sticked out of those aiesec years... ;))

Also, October was special, as my childhood friend (our friendship just turned 18.. ;)) and her boyfriend visited me :)
It was so good to see them.

And you know, when you are spending lots of times with married people, you keep on thinking marriage is missing from your life, than when you are spending lots of times with single ones, you keep on thinking, partying is cool...anyways, so it was just great to see them together, couple. spenidng some really good time together... having fun, long discussions.. so yes, it was fun :)
Missed you Reka!!!! Can't wait for that hot wine... ;)

Guess what... : Gruyeres... love that place ;)
I have been there like 6 times.. or more :)









No comments: