Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Fete de Geneve and a boat trip

The Fete de Geneve is over.
It is so strange, as it was 1 year ago, when Eszter and me went to Marseille, then we came back together to Geneva, and watched the fireworks together.

So, while I was watching the fireworks, I was thinking about the last 1 year...
So many things happened...
And on the other hand: so few things happened...
How did I spend this previous last year? If I have to sum up my last year, actually nothing really moved forward...

But, maybe later, I will see these months, these events in my life differently... ;)

On Friday we went out.
Ok, I wanted to go out... but at the end we didn't...
We were drinking and talking at RDL.
We played "I have never..." :)))
So, I got to know some friends a it more... ;)
Good game!

Than on Saturday we went for a boat trip to Versoix. :)
This time we took the car... not the bikes ;)

Our boat: Daniel, Ravaka, Eszter and me


The view...



The Spanish guys: Jose, David and Ravaka


Drink or drive???

I was driving the boat!!! Poor Daniel, he was really patient, explaining me the "physics of the waves..."..stilll... ;)
jajajajaja... it was sooo much fun!!! :)

Actuallly, the idea of renting a boat came from the will to watch the fireworks from a boat!!!
It would have been soo great... but.. imagine, for that day (I mean, the very last day of Fete de Geneve, for the fireworks day) all the boats are reserved till 2012!!! 4 years ahead!!! Crazy Geneva!!!
We could have reserved a boat for 2013... for a Rue De Lyon Reunion...! ;)

It was really great day... the sun was shining, the view was perfect, the waves were ok for my stomach ;)

After a 1,5 hour boating, we had to go back to Geneva for the fireworks... actually we had a "little" traffic jam, as everybody wanted to head to the city center... so, even though Versoix is 15 minutes maximum by car, for us the way back took more than 45 minutes... amazing...

But than we had a great place, from where we could see the fireworks:

The 1 hour long fireworks

During the fireworks I was analyzing my life, my 16 months in Switzerland, thinking about my future, my options, etc. And than, somehow my thoughts went forward to the noise of the fireworks. You know, when the rackets are going in the air, it is loud, and yes, it sounds like guns, or like real rackets...
I was thinking about Georgia and Russia.
I am here in Geneva, listening to that noise, and I am happy and satisfied. And than for somebody that noise doesn't mean the joy, happiness and beauty...
on the contrary...
It was a strange feeling.

No comments: