Thursday, August 28, 2008

Sushi, Maki sushi, sashimi


I am not a sushi-virgin anymore. :)
Yes, I ate row fish, with rice and alga yesterday!! ;)

The place was called "No sushi", hahaha, and the atmosphere in the restaurant was amazing :)
There was music, TV, high bar chairs, and the food was moving on a conveyor belt like in a factor on an assembly line, the different type of food was on different color of plate, and you could take whatever you wanted, than at the end, the waiter came and counted according to the color of the plates...
It was very cool!!!

First, Swati and Julia was really patient and nice to me... they were staring at me only once... if I can handle the chopsticks... (come on, I do knit...) ;)


We made the soy sauce with wasabi... I got to know that it is rude if you waste the sauce, and the sauce is more fore the fish part, not the rice...
Of course, I was using the sauce with everything...

So, here are some more tips I got to know about sushi etiquette...

http://sushinow.com/etiquette.htm

Of course, the first rule says: Do not "whittle" your chopsticks... ;)
Hahaha... you could guess what Swati had to do to my chopsticks...

I also got to know the different types of sushi:
Maki sushi are rolls of sushi;
Temaki
is a hand roll of sushi;
Sashimi
is raw fish with no rice;



I tried salmon, tune, caviar and chicken as well :)
Traditional one and really spciy one.. I liked the California roll as well - which is definitly not for 1 bite... ;)


And of course, just to be traditional Japanese.. we drunk beer.... no comment :)

To sum up, I liked the sushi, but definitely can not compete with the Hungarian cuisine...
hehehe... I know I have to cook finally for my friends here!
And I do it, no more excuses... promise! :)

No comments: