Saturday, May 26, 2007

Impressions about Switzerland, Genéva :)



Well, this was my first month here, and now it is time to share with you my thoughts about the country, Geneva, the swiss people...

I didn't want to write my totally first impressions about the whole, because I tend to be biassed against it, and than it is really hard to change my opinion about it...Just think about my hometown.. GYŐR!!! (no, no, of course I am not biassed against Győr :))

There are things, that I like and there are things that I don't like here...but that's normal!
Of course, I know, that Genéva is a totally different part of Switzerland, and a very special part of it.. so what is true in Genéva, it is not for sure true for other part of Switzerland..

Genéva is an international city, with all the international organisations, banks, etc.



It is really hard to find a "real, real, 100%" swiss around here, everybody is half german-half swiss, half french-half swiss, but the majority is quarter of something, quarter of israelian, american, swiss, nigerian.. I do not know...

Really, it took me 3 weeks to meet somebody who is 100% swiss, and his great grand parents lived there as well...and guess what, it was not in Genéva...but in a small city, somewhere cloes to Italy...in the south...

But I like this diversity here...meet people from all over the world, form totally different culture, from totally different mindset...
and it is good to see on the faces, that I am hungaraian, and everybody is waiting for some more nationalities... I got several times the questions..yeah, ok, you are hungaraian, and your parents, your grandparents?
Well... i know it is borring, but everybody is from Hungary, moreover, everybody is from GYŐR!!!! :)))

(now my bias is understandable... :))


In Genéva,there are lot of green areas, parcs...when the wheather is good, everybody is outside, even businessmen, with suit, they sit on the stones, and eat there lunch there!!!
Cool!!!

I love it! :)

The Swiss people are very democratic, and they are always striving for consens, in a very silent, and calm way. And they have elections "every sunday" :)))) About everything... :)))

There was one prejudice, about the swiss pepole, it was about the time, they are always punctual, never late, and of course WATCHES are very important for them, i.e Rolex!



Tissot is also good... I just have to wait for my salary... and than I can be integrated to the swiss society...
Because @HP... everybody has got huge, huge (even too big), and of course expensive watches...
so, when they saw mine...my beatiful, small, and not that expensive watch..well, that was a cultural shock...for them... :)

MIGROS owns everything...



Migros is a brand for everything (like Tesco at home...), they have Migros bank, Migros shoppes, Migro exchange, Migros petrol station...and they are usually cheap (ok, cheap in Switzerland...)

I was told, that there is a big competition betwwen Coop and Migros, they are almost on the same price, something is cheaper in one, others are chepaer in the second one...But, if your parents, your grandparents, their parents went to Coop, than u have to go ther as well, ok, not have to, but than u will go there as well, that's the tradition...

For me, I prefer the cheaper... ;)

Of course, Switzerland is famous for it's cheese, and CHOCOLATE!!!!

But, keep in mind: never let a belgian and a swiss to talk about the chocolates...
if u do so, be sure, u have a clear argument, and a clear choice, whether belgian or swiss chocolate are better!!!!

Well...both are delicious!

And one thing is sure, in Belgium chocolate is something special, some kind of luxury, you will never find a belgian chocholate for 75 cents... (Vincent told me)
In Switzerland, you can...

Chocolate is (one of) the best topic among internationals....yesterday we compared the hungarain, american, nigerian, german (MILKA), swiss and belgian chocolate...
well... the result is shocking...
we couldn't decide...
yes, because, it was just a theoretical comparison, we didn't try them.. unfortunately...

But, we decided to organize a Chocolate fondue night!!!
I can't wait for this!!!
hmmm....nyammmmii... :)))



So, dear Reader, now it is time to vote... Which chocolate do u think is the best in the world???
(if u say swiss, than name a brand as well, so than next time i can taste it:)

It is also a test, measuring who is reading my blog... :)

Votes for TúróRudi won't be counted :)

I love all chocolate, white, bitter, milk, small, big, filled with sth, with penuts, in different flavour! :)))

oh.....

Swiss dreams!

No comments: