Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Going out in Geneva

I always wanted to write about the nightlife in GEneva...ok "nightlife"...

Well...somehow it seems that such a thing doesn't exist..or atl east not in a hungarian way..

Everything closes at 2. Or even earlier.

That's the biggest problem here, i think.

I won't generalize...so:

1. Paladinum (or whatever it called - a nightclub next to Hotel du Rhone, close to Bel Air)

It is a very very fancy place, everybody wears black perfect mini clothes, guys in suit...
It would be OK, if I were not in my JEANS skirt.... :S
Yeah... I know... :(

Fortunetly the guy we were with, he knew the security guys so they let us in...even me in that clothes.... :)))

Well...inside...really.... 16-year-old guys in suit and 45 year old women with mini... hmm..interesting...

The music was techno, or some tuctuc...
The prices..well to be honest, I don't know...I had my Vilmos in my bag... so we drunk that.. I still have the cups... :)
And my bag stills smells!!! :DDD
(I've washed it already 2 times ...)

Actually, despite the circumstances, I really enjoyed that night!!! :)))

2. Santa Cruz

That's a salsa, latino club...
Not bad...
we arrived around 11...nobody was dancing...coctails are for 15 CHF, beer (small) 8 CHF...

No entrance fee... there are TVs on the walls broadcasting Fashion shows, almost naked women...

After a while, the music changes...no more latin...rather some kongo music :)
Funny.

3. Calipso

It is quite out of the city center..without a car...not a good idea...
Typical black club...hip hop or sth like this music...
not bad actually...

I was there when we celebrated my ex-flatmate's birthday...so it was OK, we had our own DJ, our own music... :)

Next time I wil check Lausanne's nightlife. I've heard there are much better places...well... I think, it doesn't matter...just the company :)

4. Geneva plage - BEACH Parties

Yeah... that place reminds me those days when we has the Garden Party in Pécs, in UNIV, in the dormatory...

Really... openair...next to the lake...huge huge party!!!
I've never seen that many people in Geneva at night than there... :)
Of course, it finishes at 2... but...which is bad... they run out of beer even earlier!!!!!

5. Fétes de Généve

It will take place for 02.08 till 12.08...
Geneva festival, or so...

Great concerts every day, till 1...
than on the last day huge huge fireworks!! :)

6. Pre-Fétes de Généve

That's funny... before the real festival we have pre-festival: 19.07-1.08 :)))

Every night concerts... :)))

For example yesterday I went to a Brasilien concert :)))
That was soo great!!!

Ok, the music and the choreography was more likely to an aerobic lesson than a samba course, but it was great!!! :))
From 22 till 23...after DJ...

7. Summer music festival

Every wednsday and friday we have concerts in one of the parc...

Free concerts, and usually there are world famous stars as well...

Ok, ok, people say that this whole free festival thing is from our taxes...well, yes...but under 25 you pay less taxes...so :) for me, it is ok... :)))


I am looking forward to our next challenge in one of the swiss clubs :)))

No comments: