Thursday, November 29, 2007

Finance or not finance that is the question

The show must go on.

My "little boss" is leaving The Company tomorrow. Yesterday we went out for a beer, and talked a lot about this 7 months, and of course about our future.

And also Mr. Voice would like to organize sth for him!
He will come from ZH just because of this! He is a really cool guy. Old, but still, cool! :)

Next week I will go out for a dinner/drinks/dances with Mr. Voice. ;)

I will miss my boss. He was great. It was strange, because he knew he is leaving, still he was always helpful - in his own way, but still.

And the coffee breaks, the cigarette breaks... :)
It was always fun.

Not to mention his knowledge.
I can not even imagine how we will survive... in the middle of the closing and just in the beginning of a new fiscal year. Cool.

Of course I can decide alone in many questions... I am an analyst or what. :)

Tomorrow will be interesting.

Anyways, so yesterday I talked to my "boss", exboss, future exboss, and he asked me whether finance is the right field for me or not.
Hmm...

Nice.

Actually, of course I am aware that my analytical skills could be much better, but the job what I am doing right now is very exciting and challenging.

I am coordinating the quota setting & deployment process centrally, and coordinate the tasks and acitivities of the countries in EMEA.
So, it is a cool job. If a country has got a problem, they are coming back to me, asking several questions, I have to investigate, where is the issue, where discrepancy is coming from, than has to communicate it to them.
So, at least it involves a lot of interactions with others, not just "playing with numbers".
And also, my operational task, the monthly accrual calculations and preparation for booking, so this task is now even better, since I got a counterpart for CEE & MEMA region. So I also have to communicate and coordinate our tasks.
So, now I am really happy with this.

I can imagine myself, working in this field.
Even if it is not only analysis.
Moreover, mainly because it is not only analysis.

But, we agreed to meet in 7 months again, and we will see how life is going on with each of us.
Who knows where I will end up.... :)

Maybe I should be more conscious about this, but I still feel I have time.

And who knows?
Maybe I try out myself in the banking sector???

:)

Watch out Zurich, I am coming! :)

No comments: